Dean's Office - Libraries' Mission
The mission of WKU Libraries is to support the quest for knowledge, understanding,
creativity, and innovation.
WKU Libraries ensures that faculty, students, and other users have access to a broad
and diversified range of scholarly resources.
- Foster innovative research and creative thinking
- Integrate artistic and cultural resources
- Provide expert assistance with and instruction for information resources
- Maximize digital technologies and develop networked resources that enhance learning
- Create an exemplary program of outreach to the University community and beyond.
WKU Libraries is committed to:
- Visionary leadership
- Exemplary service with integrity and open communication
- Diversity and respect in the work environment
- Responsible stewardship of resources
- Understanding and support of higher education and intellectual freedom
- Collaboration with campus, community, and global partners
Values drafted by Library Advisory Council; approved by Library Leadership Council
Date February 18, 2013