New ILL Requests are currently unavailable.
Update 3/24: Our new WKU Interlibrary Loan System is scheduled to go live on March 27, 2017 at 9:00 am (CDT). Please check back here for the latest updates.
During the week of March 20, 2017, WKU Libraries is transitioning to a new ILL management system. Your current ILLiad username and password will no longer allow you to login. You will use your NetID account to access the new system.
Beginning March 15th, new account creation will be temporarily suspended until the transition is complete. If you need assistance with an Interlibrary Loan during this downtime, please contact ILL staff.
For more information on NetID accounts visit http://www.wku.edu/it/accounts/netid/.
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
The Interlibrary Loan office is located in Helm Library Room 107. You can also reference a floor plan.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is an agreement among libraries to share library resources needed for research. WKU faculty, staff and students may use ILL as a supplement to the WKU Libraries. Books, journal articles, dissertations, government documents, microfilm materials, and other items may be borrowed via ILL. We regret that we cannot fill requests for textbooks currently being used at WKU or materials for course reserves. Copyright law and international Interlibrary Loan codes may place restrictions on what materials may be borrowed.
All costs incurred for ILL requests are paid for from the WKU Libraries budget. There is no charge to our faculty, staff, and students.
With Illiad's electronic delivery, articles will take 1 or 2 days. If the lending library mails us the article, it will take longer. Typically, it takes 2-4 weeks to receive requested books (which are usually sent via US Mail), however it may take longer depending on workloads of WKU and lending libraries' ILL offices, completeness of the citation given and availability of requested material. In order to have the request filled in time, it is important that you indicate a deadline date on the request form.
ILL may have difficulty obtaining recently published books from other libraries. It may be better for you to request that your library liaison purchase it for the WKU Libraries' collection.
- Check the online catalog under both author and title
- Check our E-Journals holdings to make sure we don't have the article available online.
- We may have it even if it is not on the online catalog! Some U.S. government documents are not in the online catalog. The Marcive WebDocs database lists government document series to which WKU subscribes. You can also ask for assistance at the Reference Desk, call Reference at 270-745-6125, or call Government Documents at 270-745-6441 or 270-745-6107.
- If you have any doubt, ask for assistance at the Reference Desk or Interlibrary Loan office.
- Requests are currently unavailable as we transition to a new ILL management system. ILL services will be available after the transition on March 20.
- Dan Forrest, Access Services Coordinator
- Kenneth Foushee, Interlibrary Loan Specialist
- Selina Langford, Senior Interlibrary Loan Assistant
- Shizhen Gao, Senior Interlibrary Loan Assistant
- AskUs! (Reference Services)
- Access Services
- Distance Education Library Services
- Educational Resources Center
- Electronic Information Resources
- Etown-Fort Knox Regional Library
- Glasgow Regional Library
- Government Documents|Law
- Interlibrary Loan
- Information Literacy
- Owensboro Regional Library
- Reserve Materials
- Visual & Performing Art Library
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,