Electronic and Continuing Resources Committee
Scope & Charge:
The Electronic and Continuing Resources Committee (ECRC) will meet on an ad hoc basis to evaluate requests for new electronic resources and other materials whose funding falls outside the allocation of the relevant academic unit. These may include, but are not limited to, one-time purchase requests for journal backfiles, new databases, and subscriptions to general interest serials.
Requests for streaming video purchases, one-time purchases from a department’s one-time allocation, and departmental subscriptions balanced by an equivalent cancellation do not require ECRC review. Requests should be e-mailed directly to the Electronic and Continuing Resources Coordinator.
- DLPS representative
- DLSC representative
- Electronic and Continuing Resources Coordinator
- The Electronic and Continuing Resources Coordinator should review the request form for pricing, availability, platform compatibility, and other relevant considerations.
- The committee shall meet at least once per year on an ad hoc basis to evaluate and prioritize requests. If sufficient funds are not available, requests can be deferred to the next year when they will be re-evaluated.
- At least one week before the request deadline, an email will be sent to the library-all listserv announcing the request deadline, and the time and place for the meeting.
- Any interested parties may attend, including those requesting resources.
- The committee will approve, disapprove, or defer decision on each request by a majority vote.
- Requests to modify a decision reached by the ECRC should be directed to the Dean of Libraries.
- Electronic and Continuing Resources Request Form
- Streaming Video Request Form
- Electronic and Continuing Resources Committee Charge
Last updated September 2016
Approved by the Library Leadership Council
and the Dean of University Libraries
May 8, 2017
- AskUs! (Reference Services)
- Access Services
- Distance Education Library Services
- Educational Resources Center
- Electronic Information Resources
- Etown-Fort Knox Regional Library
- Glasgow Regional Library
- Government Documents|Law
- Interlibrary Loan
- Information Literacy
- Owensboro Regional Library
- Reserve Materials
- Visual & Performing Art Library
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,