- WKU Faculty, Staff, and Students should work with their departmental faculty representative
and with their subject liaison librarian to complete the ECRC Request Form and obtain any necessary pricing information, supporting documentation, etc.
- The ECRC Request Form must be submitted to the ECRC Chair one week before the monthly meeting. The ECRC chair will communicate all deadlines
to the subject liaison librarians. Any submissions received after the deadlines will
be reviewed at the ECRC meeting the following month.
- The ECRC Chair and the Serials Representative will review the ECRC form for pricing,
online availability when print is requested, and other information prior to the committee
- Requests to link to freely accessible e-resources should be forwarded to the ECRC
Chair by the appropriate subject librarian with a brief justification. No committee
action is required.
- Approved titles will be added to the Libraries’ web pages where appropriate.
- Only WKU-funded e-resources titles and links will be added to TOPCAT. Exceptions will
be considered on an individual basis.
- All librarians requesting new titles will attend the ECRC meeting where their request
will be discussed. The committee will approve, disapprove, or defer decision on each
title by majority vote.
- Requests for titles to move from Leisure Periodicals to the main periodicals area
should be sent to the ECRC Chair using the ECRC form with appropriate fields completed
and representative issue attached.
- Should the ECRC chair or a member receive a request to modify a decision reached by
the committee, the ECRC Chair will present the issue to the Dean of Libraries. The Dean or the ECRC chair shall then
communicate a final decision to the requester, the committee and any other persons
deemed appropriate by the Dean of Libraries.