- WKU Faculty, Staff, and Students should work with their departmental faculty representative
and with their subject liaison librarian to complete the ECRC Request Form and obtain any necessary pricing information, supporting documentation, sample issues,
- The ECRC Request Form must be submitted to the ECRC Chair by 4:30 p.m. on the 1st Friday of the month. (This is the Friday before the ECRC
meeting.) Any submissions received after the deadlines will be reviewed at the ECRC
meeting the following month.
- The ECRC Chair and the Serials Coordinator will review the ECRC form for pricing,
online availability when print is requested, and other information prior to the committee
- Requests to link to freely accessible e-resources should be forwarded to the ECRC
Chair by the appropriate subject librarian with a brief justification. No committee
action is required.
- Approved titles will be added to the Libraries’ web pages where appropriate.
- Only WKU-funded e-resources titles and links will be added to TOPCAT. Exceptions will
be considered on an individual basis.
- The committee will approve, disapprove, or defer decision on each title by majority
vote. The Serials Coordinator will inform the appropriate liaison librarian of each
- Requests for titles to move from Leisure Periodicals to the main periodicals area
should be sent to the ECRC Chair using the ECRC form with appropriate fields completed
and representative issue attached.
- Should the ECRC chair or a member receive a request to modify a decision reached by
the committee, the ECRC Chair will present the issue to the Dean of Libraries. The Dean or the ECRC chair shall then
communicate a final decision to the requester, the committee and any other persons
deemed appropriate by the Dean of Libraries.