- Contact / Visit Us
- KenCat [Online Catalog]
- Library Faculty & Staff
- Kentucky Library Research Coll.
- Manuscripts & Folklife Archives
- WKU Archives
- Genealogy Resources
- Online Exhibits
- Research Instruction
- Research Strategies
- Services & Fees
- Tenure Guidelines
- Promotion Guidelines
- Your Discovery!
Keep up with us!
We ask that you observe the following reading room policies in order to ensure the integrity and security of our collections.
- Registration with identification is required.
- Please sign-in on the daily register sheet after initial registration.
- Only pencils and laptop computers (without cases) are permitted in reading room; you may bring a notebook, but please present it for inspection when leaving the reading room.
- No scanning is allowed. This is a food and beverage-free (including water) environment.
- Please handle materials carefully and keep all archival materials in their original order; supports are available for bound materials.
- Please leave manuscript material at the designated table.
- Please silence your cell phone and take calls outside the reading room.
USE OF MATERIALS
- Personal belongings, including coats, rain gear, purses, briefcases, computer cases, camera bags, parcels, envelopes, and portfolio folders are not permitted in the reading room; we provide lockers to securely store your belongings.
- With Manuscripts & Folklife Archives materials, please use one box and/or one folder at any time.
- Only Special Collections personnel can make photocopies of manuscripts material. Please ask the library staff member at the Reference Desk for assistance for any photocopies needed.
- Gloves MAY be required when handling special materials.
- Please maintain the existing order and arrangement of manuscripts material. If you suspect that an item seems to be out of order, please inform a library staff member.
- DO NOT PHOTOCOPY ANY MATERIAL WITHOUT ASKING AT THE REFERENCE DESK.
- Photo duplication is provided as a service by the Department of Library Special Collections; please ask about fees and permissions.
- When citing materials, please use the full name of the collection, name of the Dept. of Library Special Collctions unit (Kentucky Library Research Collections, Manuscripts & Folklife Archives, University Archives), Western Kentucky University, Department of Library Special Collections, Bowling Green, Kentucky.
- Patrons are responsible for obtaining permission to publish, in part or whole, from any collection. The Department of Library Special Collections is not responsible for any copyright infringement.
- Researchers who fail to abide by these policies may be denied access to the collections. Theft and mutilation of documents are crimes that will be prosecuted by the appropriate law enforcement agency.
Policies subject to change without notice, revised 2015.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,