Approved by LCC October 1, 2012
- Advise the Coordinator of Libraries' Web & Emerging Technologies, who chairs the committee, on the Libraries' projects;
- Recommend changes to policies and procedures with regard to WKU Libraries' Web & emerging technologies;
- Coordinate with faculty and staff in their related units on Web & social network content publication;
- Exercise quality control over WKU Libraries' Web site and social networking content;
- Collaborate with the Marketing Coordinator, the Literary Outreach Coordinator, the Development Officer, and the Senior Library Technology Consultant;
- The Chair of the committee reports to the Dean of Libraries; the members report their unit's Web and social network progress to the department heads;
- The committee seeks consultation from LLC and approval from the Dean for decisions having an impact on WKU Libraries;
- The committee meets once a month except for ad hoc meetings as needed.
I am appointing each of you to serve on the Web & Emerging Technologies Advisory Committee, which is a newly formed advisory committee replacing the former Working Group, with Haiwang Yuan serving as chair.
The Library Leadership Council approved the committee and its functions/responsibilities this morning. I have attached that document and list of names for you to keep.
Please rest assured that work can still be distributed by trained faculty and staff but that this group facilitates the quality control and updates for all of our extensive web pages.
Thank you for serving in this way.
Interim Dean of Libraries
Western Kentucky University
October 1, 2012
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,