Move-In Times and Eligibility
M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan participants are invited to move into their residence halls on the following days at the listed times. Several hundred students will be moving into the residence halls to participate in M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan. To ease the move-in process, the buildings have been divided into sections; each section has been assigned a move-in day and time. As long as your schedule will allow, please plan to move-in on your assigned day, during your assigned time slot. Doing so will help us reduce wait times, shorten elevator lines, and ensure a smoother move-in process.
If you are eligible to move in on Saturday, August 13th, you will go directly to your residence hall to check in. You will be able to pick up your M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan materials on Sunday, August 14th.
Saturday, August 13, 2015, from 1-5 p.m. CST:
- Pearce Ford Tower: Floors 21-26
Saturday, August 13, 2016, from 5-9pm CST:
- Hugh Poland Hall: Floors 6-9
- Douglas Keen Hall: Floors 5-7 and Rooms 201-220, 301-320, and 401-420
- Barnes Campbell Hall: Floors 6-9
- Bemis Lawrence Hall: Floors 6-9
- Pearce Ford Tower: Floors 9-15
Sunday, August 14, 2016, from 8am-12pm CDT:
- Pearce Ford Tower: Floors 16-20
Sunday, August 14, 2016, from 8am-4pm CDT:
- Rodes Harlin Hall: All Floors
- McCormack Hall: All Floors
- Gilbert Hall: All Floors
- McLean Hall: All Floors
- Bates Runner Hall: All Floors
- Northeast Hall: All Floors
- Southwest Hall: All Floors
- Minton Hall; All Floors
- Bemis Lawrence Hall: All Floors
- Barnes Campbell Hall: All Floors
- Hugh Poland Hall: All Floors
- Douglas Keen Hall: All Floors
- Meredith Hall: All Floors
- Zacharias Hall: All Floor
Sunday, August 14, 2016, from 12-4pm CDT:
- Pearce Ford Tower: Floors 3-8
Traveling to Campus
Please note a roundabout has recently been installed at the intersection of US 31-W Bypass (Nashville Road) and University Boulevard. For roundabout navigation resources including a video tutorial, visit the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet website (see below).
The parking spaces immediately surrounding your residence hall will be blocked off and are unloading only zones. Plan to unload your belongings in this area, and immediately move your vehicle to a designated parking lot.
When You Arrive on Campus
- Pick up your M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan materials (schedule, nametag, t-shirt, etc.) at Registration located in the Downing Student Union, third floor, between 8am - 4pm CDT, Sunday, August 16 ONLY.
- Check in to your residence hall to complete your final housing paperwork and pick up your room key. Please have a photo ID ready (preferably your WKU student ID).
Several offices will be open for your convenience on Sunday, August 16th. For a complete list of these office, as well as a few friendly reminders, download our Family 411.
Moving equipment will NOT be available to you at your residence hall. It is strongly recommended that you bring a portable moving dolly for any heavy objects. Volunteers from the Bowling Green community and Western Leaders will be on hand to assist you with move-in and parking.
M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan is hosted by the Department of Housing & Residence Life at WKU
Phone: (270) 745-5351
Address: Western Kentucky University, Department of Housing and Residence Life, ATTN: M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan, 1906 College Heights Blvd. #11093, Bowling Green, KY 42101-1093
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,