Mathematics Testing Center Policies
Students will be expected to sign a policy agreement form prior to testing.
- No backpacks, purses, laptops, cell phones, personal listening devices, etc. are allowed
at the testing stations. No hats or clothing items may be placed on the desktop while
- Cell phones must be surrendered at check-in and will be held at the proctor desk during testing.
- Unlocked open storage compartments are available for storing other personal items. If a student is concerned with the security of his/her personal items under these conditions, then he/she should not bring them to the testing center.
- No food, drink, children or pets (except service animals) allowed in testing center.
- A valid WKU Student ID or government-issued photo ID is required before a student will be allowed to test. No exceptions.
- Unscheduled walk-ins will only be accommodated if there are sufficient testing stations available. Appointments scheduled online will take precedence over walk-ins.
- The proctor is not allowed to answer questions about exams or calculators.
- Calculators, if allowed by instructor, will be inspected during check-in for unauthorized information and may have all applications/programs erased.
- The proctor will provide scratch paper if needed and approved by instructor.
- Students will not be allowed to begin an exam if there is less than 30 minutes remaining before the Center closes. Students will be required stop working on their test at closing time, regardless of the time allotted by their instructor.
- Cheating will not be tolerated. Instructors will be notified if:
- Student is observed in possession of a cell phone or personal listening device while testing.
- Student is observed in possession of unauthorized written or printed materials (i.e. “cheat notes”) while testing.
- Student leaves the Center before completing exam.
- Student is observed accessing an unauthorized website during test.
- Student is observed sharing a calculator, exchanging items or communicating with another student.
- Cheat notes/formulas are observed written on or concealed inside calculators at check-in.
- Students will be observed by both seated and walking proctors while testing. Student’s on-screen activity is monitored while testing and can be recorded. Any items in student’s possession while testing can be inspected by the proctor at any time.
- Testing center staff reserves the right to approve or assign seating at testing stations.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,