Social Work Student Receives National Nonprofit Internship Award
|Date: Monday, October 1st, 2012||Return|
* Original story from http://wkunews.wordpress.com/
WKU student receives national nonprofit internship award
JaNeé Lamb, a Social Work major in the WKU Nonprofit Administration minor, was recently selected to receive a $4,500 award from the Next Generation Nonprofit Leaders Program (NextGen), an initiative funded by a generous grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
A panel of national nonprofit leaders selected Lamb from among students at Nonprofit Leadership Alliance affiliated colleges and universities nationwide.
Lamb, a senior from Elizabethtown, will complete her internship this semester with the Bellewood Home for Children, a nonprofit agency caring for abused and homeless youth and families in Kentucky.
“We are excited for JaNeé and what this national honor means to her, her internship and WKU,” said Dr. Raymond Poff, campus director of the WKU Nonprofit Administration program. “She is the 12th WKU student to receive this national award since 2007. I believe this accomplishment reflects the talent and dedication of our WKU students.”
Previous WKU NextGen award recipients include: Morgan Eklund (2011); Jana Graham (2010); Megan Hensley (2009); Charlie Harris (2008); Dana Adams (2008); Jessica Tinnell (2008); Sara Smith (2008); Evelyn Oregon (2007); Sara Miller (2007); Annie Farris (2007); and Jenna Doughman (2007).
About the WKU Nonprofit Administration Program: WKU Nonprofit Administration offers innovative programs designed to better prepare students for careers in, and service to, the nonprofit sector. The programs are housed in the Department of Kinesiology, Recreation and Sport within the College of Health and Human Services. Find out more on Facebook or Twitter.
About the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance: The mission of the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance is to strengthen the social sector with a talented, prepared workforce. Through campus-based academic programs, the Alliance offers the National Certification in Nonprofit Management and Leadership and the corresponding Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) credential. The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance partners with some of the nation’s largest and best-known national nonprofit organizations including: Boy Scouts of America, Camp Fire, 4-H, Feeding America, Girl Scouts of the USA, Girls Inc., GuideStar, March of Dimes, National Human Services Assembly, National Urban League, Volunteers of America, Voices for America’s Children, and the Y.
Contact: Raymond Poff, (270) 745-2498.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Transit Ridership increases
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,