Linda Heady successfully completes Certified Professional Coder certification
|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Wednesday, November 28th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
Linda Heady recently passed the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Exam through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). The AAPC is the largest credentialing organization for medical coders with more than 98,000 members worldwide.
A Certified Professional Coder has proven by rigorous examination and experience that they know how to read a medical chart and assign the correct diagnosis (ICD-9), procedure (CPT®), and supply (HCPCS Level II) code for a wide variety of clinical cases and services.
AAPC was founded in 1988 to provide education and professional certification to physician-based medical coders and to elevate the standards of medical coding by providing student training, certification, ongoing education, networking, and job opportunities. Currently, AAPC has a membership base of 112,000 worldwide, of which more than 81,000 are certified.
AAPC credentialed coders have proven mastery of all code sets, Evaluation and Management principles, and documentation guidelines. CPC’s and other AAPC credentialed coders represent the best in outpatient coding.
AAPC certifications encompass the physician office (CPC®), the hospital outpatient facility (CPC-H®), payer perspective coding (CPC-P®), interventional radiology cardiovascular coding (CIRCC™), medical auditing (CPMA™), and medical compliance (CPCO™). All certifications demonstrate a working knowledge to support cleaner claim submission resulting in more accurate coding, faster reimbursement, and fewer denials. Specialty credentials are currently offered in 20 different fields of expertise. AAPC offers continuing education through local chapters, workshops, webinars, a monthly newsmagazine (Coding Edge), other publications, and conferences.
The WKUHS Staff is pleased to congratulate Linda on this outstanding accomplishment. Great job!!
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.