Craig Martin Researches NFL Fan Loyalty and Purchasing
|Date: Thursday, November 29th, 2012||Return to Archive|
Bowling Green, KY (November 29, 2012) – Craig Martin, Professor of Marketing and Sales in the Gordon Ford College of Business authored an article recently accepted for publication in the Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness. The article, “Investigating National Football League (NFL) Fan Loyalty,” looks at how team loyalty and social motivation influences buying habits.
More than 300 NFL fans were surveyed to determine their consumption motivation and commitment to the team. Martin’s results indicate that socially motivated consumers – those consumers who make purchases based on what others around them think – are more likely to feel a sense of belonging to their favorite team. This emotionally committed fan, in turn, is willing to express significant psychological and purchasing loyalty to the team.
Martin earned his Ph.D. in Marketing from the University of Memphis. He specializes in sales and sales management, the consumer socialization of adolescents, advertising to adolescents, and sports marketing.
The Gordon Ford College of Business prepares its students for careers in accounting, economics, finance, information systems, international business, management, and marketing. For more information, visit www.wku.edu/business or call 270.745.6311.
“Like” us on Facebook (Gordon Ford College of Business) or follow us on Twitter (WKUGordonFord).
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
May 27th - May 31st
Parking and Transit Service May 13 to May 31
Map and Tentative Schedule
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.