2013 College Goal Sunday Jan. 13 at WKU
|Date: Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013||Return|
WKU will be one of 17 sites across Kentucky hosting College Goal Sunday events on Jan. 13.
College Goal Sunday, which provides free help to families applying for college financial aid, will begin at 2 p.m. at WKU’s Mass Media and Technology Hall Auditorium. (For a list of all locations, visit http://www.kasfaa.com/cgs/locations.htm). All attendees will be eligible to enter into a drawing for a chance to win a scholarship that can be used at any Kentucky school.
At College Goal Sunday, financial aid professionals from Kentucky will help students and families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is the form students must submit to receive federal and state student aid.
College Goal Sunday is sponsored by the Kentucky Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (KASFAA). It is funded by the Lumina Foundation for Education, the YMCA and KnowHow2GoKY.org.
“This is a premier event that provides Kentuckians with both informational and financial resources to reach their postsecondary educational goals,” said KASFAA President Chris Tolson. “With the assistance of the financial aid experts at College Goal Sunday students can submit the FAFSA in timely manner, enabling them to qualify for thousands of dollars in financial aid, including a variety of grants and loans.”
According to the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA), participation in state aid programs has more than quadrupled since the 1990s. In the 2011‐2012 academic year, KHEAA disbursed $197.6 million in higher education grants and scholarships to nearly 96,800 students. Students who file the FAFSA before early February have the best chance of receiving these funds.
What to bring: Students are encouraged to attend College Goal Sunday with a parent or guardian. They should bring their and their parents’ completed 2012 IRS 1040 tax returns and any other 2012 income and benefit information. If families have not completed their taxes, they should bring their 2011 IRS 1040 tax forms and last paycheck stubs from 2012 so that financial aid professionals will be able to show families how to use estimated information to submit the FAFSA and how to go back and update their information once taxes are completed. Everything else — pens, pencils and FAFSA worksheets — will be provided.
For information about College Goal Sunday, call 1‐888‐4‐KASFAA (1‐888‐452‐7322).
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Event & Training Services
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
"Into the Shadow of the Disappearing Sun," the first of two shows about eclipses, will be presented May 2-July 2 at WKU’s Hardin Planetarium.
Madeline Marita, a student from Western Kentucky University, has received a place on a Fulbright Summer Institute to study at the Globe Theatre (London, England) on one of the most prestigious and selective summer scholarship programmes operating world-w
The decision to further your education is one of the most important decisions you’ll make in your life. Often the hardest part of the journey is to get started.
WKU’s Board of Regents approved tuition and mandatory student fees for 2018 fiscal year and approved consolidating Engineering, Architectural and Manufacturing Sciences and Computer Science into the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
WKU’s Board of Regents approved renaming Mass Media and Technology Hall to honor long-time WKU supporter and state representative Jody Richards of Bowling Green.
WKU students will bike across the country this summer to raise money for Alzheimer’s research.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,