Seating vouchers available for Ailey II performance, Garrison Keillor lecture
|Date: Monday, January 7th, 2013||Return|
Free seating vouchers for the next two events in the 2012-13 season of WKU’s Cultural Enhancement Series — a performance by Ailey II on March 4 and a lecture by Garrison Keillor on March 26 — are available on the WKU box office website or by calling (270) 745-3121.
All events in the 16th season of the series begin at 7:30 p.m. (Central time) in Van Meter Hall and are open to faculty, students, staff and the community. The season concludes on April 16 with a performance by Chanticleer.
For information, call (270) 745-2344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is more about the upcoming events in 2012-13 series:
Monday, March 4: Ailey II is an exceptional company that merges the spirit and energy of the country’s best young dance talent with the passion and creative vision of today’s most outstanding emerging choreographers. Started in 1974 as the Alvin Ailey Repertory Ensemble, Ailey II embodies Mr. Ailey’s pioneering mission to establish an extended cultural community that provides dance performances, training and community programs for all people. Artistic Director Designate Troy Powell continues the legacy of Alvin Ailey. More: Read more about Ailey II’s 2012-13 World Tour. (Click here for free seating vouchers.)
Tuesday, March 26: Thirty-eight years after the first broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion, storyteller and author Garrison Keillor continues to entertain audiences with his idiosyncratic brand of humor. Keillor was presented with the National Humanities Medal by the National Endowment for the Humanities in 1999. (Click here for free seating vouchers.)
Thursday, April 11: Grammy Award-winning Chanticleer – called “the world’s reigning male chorus,” by the New Yorker magazine — presents The Siren’s Call. This program celebrates the Sea with music from New Zealand, Hawaii and China complemented by Chanticleer’s signature treatments of Gregorian Chant and Renaissance music. (Seating is on a first-come, first-seated basis.)
Contact: Potter College of Arts & Letters, (270) 745-5204.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
May 20th - May 26th
Parking and Transit Service May 13 to May 31
Map and Tentative Schedule
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.