2 students honored by National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association
|Date: Tuesday, January 8th, 2013||Return|
Two WKU students have been selected as 2013 recipients of the William N. Wasson Student Leadership and Scholarship Award from the National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association.
Ben Ramaeker, a graduate student from Menomonie, Wis., and Daniel Burton, a senior from Louisville, will receive the awards during the NIRSA National Conference and Expo March 4-7 in Las Vegas.
Ramaeker and Burton work for WKU’s Department of Intramural-Recreational Sports. Ramaeker, who is pursuing a master’s degree in Recreation and Sport Administration, is a graduate assistant for the WKU Challenge Course; Burton, who is majoring in Business Administration, is Preston Center facility supervisor and ORAC attendant.
The William N. Wasson Student Leadership and Scholarship Award recognizes students who are outstanding leaders on their campuses and who participate or are employed by their institution’s intramural-recreational sports department.
Since 2006, nine undergraduate students and four graduate students at WKU have received the Wasson Award, the highest award NIRSA presents recognizing the outstanding leadership and scholarship of a student member. Only 12 graduate students and 24 undergraduate students throughout the country are recognized by NIRSA each year.
Contact: Steve Rey, (270) 745-6060.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
May 27th - May 31st
Parking and Transit Service May 13 to May 31
Map and Tentative Schedule
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.