- Current Headlines
- WKU In the News
- University Photography
- Emergency Communications
- Broadcast Services
- View From the Hill
- How To Get the Word Out
- Placing Your Event on the WKU Events Calendar
- WKU News on Facebook
- WKU News on Twitter
- iWKU Mobile App
- At-WKU Newsletter
- Media Resources
- Back to Public Affairs
WKU offering Bonner scholarships
|Date: Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013||Return|
“I really look forward to working at HOTEL INC each day. They have so many interesting projects ahead of them and I stay excited about the opportunity to be involved with them,” said Joanna Williams, a Bonner Leadership Scholar and WKU junior from Clarksville, Tenn.
Bonner Leadership Scholars complete 10 hours of community service, professional development and personal enrichment activities each week in exchange for their tuition scholarship.
Being able to offer a Bonner scholarship for service work is something new for WKU, but it is common to many campuses. The Bonner Program began in 1990 at Berea College to help people in financial need. Bertram and Corella Bonner believed in the importance of education and sought to find a way to connect a college or university to the surrounding community. More than 80 colleges and university manage Bonner programs now.
“We are very excited to participate in the Bonner Leadership Scholar program and support our students’ leadership development through scholarship support. We are confident that over time such partnerships with the national Bonner Foundation will continue to grow, allowing WKU students across the Commonwealth the opportunity to access higher education while experiencing meaningful service learning,” said Dr. Brian Meredith, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management at WKU.
This first class is comprised of four students. In addition to Williams, other students are Jillian Weston of Indianapolis, LeLand Cantrell of Bowling Green and Mernisa Hrustanovic of Bowling Green. Applications are being accepted for the 2013-2014 academic year. Any high school student with an interest in service and planning to attend WKU should apply by April 1. The application is available online at www.wku.edu/alive.
For information, contact Lee Calvert at the ALIVE Center at (270) 782-0082.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Order by July 15th to be eligible for a prize giveaway!
Sr. Vir Patel earned the Secondary Student Technology Award, alumnus William Roach-Barrette earned the Post-Secondary Student Technology Award, and The Gatton Academy earned the Secondary Educational Institution Technology Award along with the LaRue Co.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,