'Two Small Pieces of Glass' opens Feb. 12 at Hardin Planetarium
|Date: Tuesday, January 29th, 2013||Return to Archive|
Two Small Pieces of Glass, an experience that combines a 360-degree immersive “full dome” movie with interactive demonstrations introducing how telescopes help us learn of our place in the cosmos, opens Feb. 12 at WKU’s Hardin Planetarium.
Show times are 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 2 p.m. Sundays through March 24. Admission is free and the 40-minute program is suitable for all ages. Note that the show will begin on time, with no late entrance permitted.
About the show: The movie follows two teenage students who attend a star party. While looking through the astronomer’s telescope, the students, along with the planetarium audience, explore Jupiter’s moons, Saturn’s rings, spiral structure of galaxies and how the largest observatories in the world use these telescopes to explore the mysteries of the universe. Together we learn telescopes work and how the telescope has helped us understand our place in space and how telescopes continue to expand our understanding of the universe.
Show times and dates are:
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 14, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 17, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 21, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 24, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 26, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 28, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 3, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 5, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 7, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 10, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 12, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 14, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 17, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 19, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 21, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 24, 2 p.m.
Contact: Richard Gelderman or Ronn Kistler, (270) 745-4044.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
On Saturday (May 16), 61 students representing 37 counties from across Kentucky were recognized during The Gatton Academyís eighth graduation ceremony in Van Meter Hall.
Seniors Brian Carlson, Ben Guthrie, Paul Hudson, Ben Riley and junior Rohan Deshpande were members of the team who traveled to Washington, D.C. to compete at the 25th National Science Bowl.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,