WKU students encouraged to volunteer for K-Count survey
|Date: Monday, January 28th, 2013||Return to Archive|
The survey is used to assess necessary funding for resources and support for homeless persons in the Barren River communities, as well as monitor overall progress under Kentucky’s Ten-Year Plan to End Homelessness and provide valuable information for managing and updating the plan. The count is being conducted regionally by Barren River Area Safe Space and the South Central Kentucky Coalition on Homelessness.
The K-Count is highly dependent on volunteers. KHC asks concerned community members to commit part of their day on Wednesday (Jan. 30) to conducting and gathering surveys within the 10-county Barren River area. WKU students are encouraged to take part if interested.
Volunteer training sessions will be conducted Tuesday (Jan. 29) from 4 p.m.-5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. at HOTEL Inc. (1005 Boatlanding Road, Bowling Green). Volunteers must attend one of the training sessions in order to collect survey data from homeless. Volunteers will also receive sleeping bags and food bags for distribution to homeless as needed during the K-Count.
There are several available locations and times that need volunteers, therefore the time commitment is highly flexible. To learn more about volunteering, contact Sarah Arnold at email@example.com or (270) 256-4709 or visit www.sckyhomeless.org
Contact: Aly Badinger, (502) 510-9010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
May 27th - May 31st
Parking and Transit Service May 13 to May 31
Map and Tentative Schedule
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.