Grand opening Jan. 31 for 'The Commons at Cravens'
|Date: Thursday, January 24th, 2013||Return to Archive|
WKU Libraries is pleased to announce the opening of “The Commons at Cravens” located on the fourth floor of the Cravens Library at WKU’s main campus. The grand opening will begin at 4 p.m. Thursday (Jan. 31) with remarks at 4:30 p.m. by President Gary Ransdell, Provost Gordon Emslie, WKU student Mark Reeves and Dean of Libraries Connie Foster.
“This is an exciting transformation for the Library,” Foster said. “Students can work as a group in one of the collaborative booths, sit at a bistro table overlooking the campus, or just BYOD (bring your own device) and plug into one of the stations at the laptop counter.”
According to Foster, the newly renovated floor offers a single service desk for research assistance, technology support, and writing center tutoring — all conveniently located across from Circulation Services. The space will provide students with more computer access, whiteboards for study, and movable furniture to fit their study needs.
Tiffany Hayes, Project Manager from WKU Planning, Design and Construction, said the construction began Oct. 1 on approximately 9,600 square feet of space and was completed Jan. 15.
“The scope of improvements included new carpet and rubber flooring, fresh paint, vinyl wall covering, a new laptop counter, soffits above circulation and reference desks, and decorative wall panels,” Hayes said. “The furniture company installed new computer workstations, booths, and the reference desk. The existing circulation desk was rearranged.”
“We hope this transformation creates a positive place of possibilities — a place Where Knowledge Unfolds,” Foster said.
For information on WKU Libraries, go to www.wku.edu/library.
Contact: Jennifer Wilson, (270) 745-6977.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
On Saturday (May 16), 61 students representing 37 counties from across Kentucky were recognized during The Gatton Academyís eighth graduation ceremony in Van Meter Hall.
Seniors Brian Carlson, Ben Guthrie, Paul Hudson, Ben Riley and junior Rohan Deshpande were members of the team who traveled to Washington, D.C. to compete at the 25th National Science Bowl.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,