"The Dance Project" opens 2013 season Feb. 1-3
|Date: Wednesday, January 30th, 2013||Return|
WKU Department of Theatre and Dance opens its 2013 season this weekend with The Dance Project, an intriguing show that involves more than 30 students performing nine different pieces.
“It’s similar to the popular TV show ‘So You Think You Can Dance,’ ” said Erin Finn, a senior dance major from Louisville. “There’s a wide variety of styles including character pieces, modern and African.”
Show times are 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday (Feb. 1-2) and 3 p.m. Sunday (Feb. 3) in the Lab Theatre at WKU’s Gordon Wilson Hall. All tickets are $6. Advance tickets are available at wku.showare.com or by calling the box office at (270) 745-3121.
More than 15,000 people were entertained by the WKU Department of Theatre and Dance last year. The department’s offerings include four Mainstage productions, two Mainstage dance concerts, two student-choreographed dance concerts, a Children’s Theatre Series, a Studio Series of student-directed works, a Before Broadway Series featuring a staged reading of a new musical, and a Next Stage Series of showcases and works in progress.
More information about the WKU Department of Theatre and Dance can be found at www.wku.edu/theatre-and-dance or by calling the department at (270) 745-5845.
Contact: Julie Pride, (270) 779-2560.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
May 20th - May 26th
Parking and Transit Service May 13 to May 31
Map and Tentative Schedule
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.