'Day of Workshops' on Feb. 7 to raise awareness of national scholarships
|Date: Friday, February 1st, 2013||Return to Archive|
The Office of Scholar Development at WKU is sponsoring a “Day of Workshops” on Thursday (Feb. 7) to raise campus awareness of nationally competitive scholarships and other opportunities for research, creative work and professional development.
Held in Helm 100, within the Chinese Learning Center, “Day of Workshops” provides an opportunity for students to quickly learn about the programs and application processes while interacting with WKU’s fellowship advisors, Dr. Audra Jennings, director of the Office of Scholar Development; Dr. Melinda Grimsley-Smith, coordinator of international scholarships; and Cheryl Kirby-Stokes, coordinator of nationally competitive opportunities.
Rotating 15-minute workshops will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistantships – at the top of the hour,
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship – on the 15s,
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship – at the halves, and
- Fulbright Scholar Program – at 45 minutes past.
“The Office of Scholar Development seeks to make nationally competitive scholarships accessible to students looking for opportunities to realize their big dreams,” Dr. Jennings said. “We are delighted to share what we do with the entire WKU community and to reach a greater number of students through these brief information sessions.”
The schedule of “Day of Workshops” was devised to address scholarships with upcoming deadlines and fit the schedules of the many successful students of the university who are taking numerous courses and are involved many extra-curricular activities. It is not necessary to stay for the entire event; each 15-minute session provides a full discussion of the topic at hand.
For more information about “Day of Workshops” connect with OSD on Facebook.
About the Office of Scholar Development: The Office of Scholar Development is committed to helping WKU students in all majors and degree programs develop the vision, experience and skills to be independent, engaged scholars. OSD welcomes the opportunity to work with students interested in national or international scholarships.
Contact: Drew Mitchell, (270) 745-5043
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
May 20th - May 26th
Parking and Transit Service May 13 to May 31
Map and Tentative Schedule
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.