WKU researchers participating in Mammoth Cave symposium Feb. 14-15
|Date: Tuesday, February 5th, 2013||Return to Archive|
“Celebrating the Diversity of Research in the Mammoth Cave Region” is the theme of a research symposium Feb. 14-15 at the Rotunda Room of the Mammoth Cave Hotel.
The symposium, the 10th in 22 years, will feature more than 60 presentations (posters and talks) covering a variety of natural resource, cultural, historical, archeological, educational and social science research activities from the Mammoth Cave area.
The event is sponsored by the Mammoth Cave International Center for Science and Learning, the Cave Research Foundation, and WKU’s Hoffman Environmental Research Institute, and is hosted at Mammoth Cave National Park. The event is free and open to the public.
“Twenty-four universities will be represented, and five federal agencies,” said Dr. Chris Groves of the Hoffman Institute. “Western Kentucky University faculty, staff and students contributed to 17 of the presentations.”
The Mammoth Cave International Center for Science and Learning is a partnership between Mammoth Cave National Park and WKU.
“We are very pleased to be able to host an event of this caliber,” said Sarah Craighead, superintendent of Mammoth Cave National Park. “Mammoth Cave is thought to be the most studied karst area in the world, but there is still much more to learn.”
For a complete listing of symposium presentations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Shannon Trimboli, (270) 758-2422.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.