Graduate of the School of Nursing Receives Award
|Date: Thursday, February 14th, 2013||Return to Archive|
Dana Carpenter, a graduate of the School of Nursing, was featured in the Bowling Green Daily News after receiving the 2012 Spirit of Planetree Award.
Dana Carpenter, RN, BSN, IBCLC, of T.J. Samson Community Hospital in Glasgow, received the 2012 Spirit of Planetree Award, recognizing her personal embodiment of T.J. Samson’s patient-centered approach to providing health care.
As a Planetree affiliate, the hospital follows the Planetree model of patient-centered care. Guided by the model’s 10 core components, each member collaborates with Planetree staff to develop a plan to implement initiatives and practices designed to enhance the patient experience while supporting the professional and personal aspirations of their staff.
“Every day, in both her interactions with patients and fellow employees, Dana exemplifies Planetree and patient-centered care,” hospital CEO Bill Kindred said in a news release. “It is only fitting that she be recognized with this prestigious national award. In recognizing Dana, Planetree and T.J. Samson Community Hospital are also paying tribute to the dedication and compassion demonstrated by all our caregivers, day in and day out.”
Carpenter has worked at T.J. Samson for 15 years. She lives in Russell County with her husband, Michael, and her three children, Chase, Camden and Carigann.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
12/12 and 12/13
Saturday, December 14th
Journalism Scholars Day, a 41-year tradition at WKU, attracted more than 385 Kentucky high school journalism students from 15 schools across the state to campus on Nov. 15.
The Fall Super Saturdays program, which is put on by The Center for Gifted Studies, hosted more than 500 first through eighth graders from two states and more than 40 school districts each Saturday from Nov. 2 to Nov. 23.