7 Study Away students receive SGA scholarships for winter, spring
|Date: Thursday, March 7th, 2013||Return to Archive|
Student Government Association (SGA) awarded Study Away scholarships to seven WKU students taking courses during winter term and spring 2013.
During Winter Term, senior civil engineering majors John Jacoby of Carlisle and Christopher Sivley of Hopkinsville took the course “New Orleans to Houston: Humans, Hurricanes and Darwin Awards.” Junior religious studies majors Nolan Crooks of Goodlettsville, Tenn., and Austin Lanter of Winchester took the course “NYC Religion and Broadway.” Danielle Berkshire, a senior agriculture major from Sparta, studied “Floral Design at the Rose Bowl Parade” in Pasadena, Calif.
Senior Kori Shannon, a political science major from Bardstown, will complete her second semester through the National Student Exchange at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. Shelbyville sophomore Phillip Milburn, a music major, will study “The Voice in Performance” in New York City throughout spring break.
SGA Director of Academic and Student Affairs Brittany Crowley said that the Study Away scholarship is a perfect fit for SGA. “We are here to help fellow students make the most of their time here at WKU,” said Crowley. “This scholarship is one way we can help WKU students challenge themselves and gain hands-on knowledge beyond the campus classroom.”
Students agree that Study Away courses enhance their experience at WKU. Berkshire described her course in California as “a chance of a lifetime! I never dreamed I would have the chance to be traveling across the country!”
Applications for summer 2013 will be available online at www.wku.edu/studyaway/scholarships/ in March. Students do not have to be enrolled in a Study Away course to apply, but the award will only be made after the student has paid for the course.
For information concerning the SGA Study Away Scholarship, contact Brittany Crowley at email@example.com. Additional information about WKU Study Away is available at www.wku.edu/studyaway.
Study Away is a unit of the Division of Extended Learning and Outreach.
Contact: Jerry Barnaby, (270) 745-2231 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Wednesday, December 17th to Sunday, January 20th
Reduced services will be in effect during the Winter Break.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,