Roberts Re-Elected to World Council for Gifted and Talented Children Executive Committee
|Author: Zack Ryle|
Date: Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children announced Thursday (May 16) that Dr. Julia Link Roberts was re-elected as one of seven members of the Executive Committee.
Dr. Roberts is the Mahurin Professor of Gifted Education at WKU and Executive Director of The Center for Gifted Studies and the Carol Martin Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky.
Denise de Souza Fleith of Brazil, Leonie Kronborg of Australia, and Humphrey Peter Ouko Oborah of Kenya were also elected to serve on the Executive Committee. No more than one person from a country can serve on the Executive Committee.
Returning members on the Executive Committee include Ken McCluskey of Canada, Ümit Davaslıgil of Turkey and Leslie Graves of Ireland.
“Working with an international organization provides an opportunity to network with individuals around the globe who share an interest in gifted education,” Dr. Roberts said. “It is an honor to represent the United States on the Executive Committee of the World Council.”
Each of the newly elected members will serve four-year terms starting at the conclusion of the 20th Biennial World Conference, which will be held in Louisville at the Galt House Hotel on Aug. 10-14. This year’s theme is “Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity.”
“Holding the 20th Biennial World Conference of the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children in Louisville provides a remarkable opportunity to learn with scholars and practitioners from around the globe,” Dr. Roberts said. “I hope many Kentucky educators, parents, and interested citizens will come to this conference and join in the conversations about children and youth who are gifted and talented.”
A special daily rate for Kentucky residents interested in attending the conference is being offered.
This summer’s conference will focus on several areas relating to the overarching theme of creativity in giftedness. These include innovation education; moral education, values, and social conscience; developing future leaders; assessment, screening and identification approaches; and homeschooling and parenting, among others.
In 2011, the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children’s Headquarters moved to WKU and is housed inside of Gary A. Ransdell Hall.
To register for the 2013 World Conference visit www.worldgifted2013.org. WCGTC members receive a discount on conference registration. For information about joining the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children visit www.world-gifted.org.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Wednesday, December 17th to Sunday, January 20th
Reduced services will be in effect during the Winter Break.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,