Group from the Center for Gifted Studies Travels to France
|Author: Zack Ryle|
Date: Wednesday, June 12th, 2013
|Return to Archive|
Twenty-four travelers have returned home after a 10-day study abroad trip to France with Dr. Julia Roberts and Dr. Richard Roberts of The Center for Gifted Studies at WKU.
“Travel to France with 25 others was so enjoyable and educational,” Dr. Julia Roberts said. “There were many highlights of the trip which included visiting the beaches of the D-Day landings, walking in Monet’s gardens, viewing the Eiffel Tower with colored lights at night, and seeing the recently cleaned Chartres Cathedral.”
The Center for Gifted Studies’ Travel trips are meant for students, parents and educators. Madi Miller of Richmond is a repeat traveler with The Center who went on this most recent trip to France.
“I’ve traveled with the Center three times now, and each time it was been a new adventure,” Miller said. “We not only get to see some of the most amazing and impressive landmarks from history, but also experience the modern culture of these places.”
“It has been a privilege to be able to meet and interact with the adults and students who go on these trips, and a great opportunity to draw on the knowledge and experience of both Dr. Roberts.”
The Center started the trip in route to Caen, where the group visited Monet’s Garden. After visiting Monet’s Garden, the Center made its way to the Beaches of Normandy, just a few days before the 69th anniversary of D-day. Following Normandy, the Center traveled to Paris to see the Eiffel Tower, to Versailles to see the palace, and then back to Paris to visit Notre Dame, the Orsay Museum and the Louvre Museum. Following Paris, the group also traveled to the Loire Valley to see the Chartres Cathedral and the Chateau Chenonceau.
While the trips are fun, they also have educational opportunities at every turn.
“The goal for students is to enhance their understanding of world history, art, and politics,” Dr. Roberts said.
The Center’s next study abroad trip is scheduled for Oct. 4-13 to Germany.
To see pictures of the Trip to France, visit the Center’s Flickr site athttp://www.flickr.com/photos/giftedstudieswku/sets/72157633966595213/.
For information on The Center’s May 27-June 5 trip to France or a trip next spring to Italy, contact Zack Ryle at (270) 745-3014 or at email@example.com.
About The Center for Gifted Studies: Located on the WKU campus in Bowling Green, The Center for Gifted Studies has been serving children who are gifted and talented, their educators, and their parents for 30 years. The Center provides exciting educational opportunities for gifted young people, rigorous professional development for teachers, and support for parents of gifted young people. Under the direction of Dr. Julia Roberts, The Center has become one of the preeminent advocates for gifted education in the United States. The Center believes that when gifted young people meet their extraordinary potential, our communities, our state, our nation—even our world—become better places. That is why each school year, The Center renews its commitment to encouraging excellence by providing quality programming and resources for gifted students, their teachers, and their parents.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
January 26th, 2015
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,