- Current Headlines
- WKU In the News
- University Photography
- Emergency Communications
- Broadcast Services
- View From the Hill
- How To Get the Word Out
- Placing Your Event on the WKU Events Calendar
- WKU News on Facebook
- WKU News on Twitter
- iWKU Mobile App
- At-WKU Newsletter
- Media Resources
- Back to Public Affairs
Three geoscience graduate students from WKUís Department of Geography and Geology gave presentations on June 19 related to their thesis research under the direction of Dr. Michael May, Professor of Geology.
|Date: Tuesday, June 25th, 2013||Return to Archive|
Night Sky Stories Over a Summer Campfire will begin July 9 at WKU’s Hardin Planetarium.
Summer, more than any other season of the year, is a time for stargazing. Whether you are lucky enough to observe from a rural setting or find yourself looking skyward from a brightly lit town, this show is designed to help you become more familiar with the star patterns visible in the summer evenings. Share with us the glory of the celestial sphere as we look for ways to help identify them and remember the patterns they make.
Night Sky Stories Over a Summer Campfire will be presented at 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 2 p.m. Sundays through Aug. 25. Admission is free; please note that the show will begin on time, with no late entrance permitted.
Follow the Hardin Planetarium on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hardin-Planetarium/135006486688692 or Twitter at https://twitter.com/HPlanetarium
Here is the schedule for Night Sky Stories Over a Summer Campfire:
- Tuesday, July 9 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 11 7 p.m.
- Sunday, July 14 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 16 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 18 7 p.m.
- Sunday, July 21 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 23 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 7 p.m.
- Sunday, July 28 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 30 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 1 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 4 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 6 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 8 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 11 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 13 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 15 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 18 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 20 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 22 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 25 2 p.m.
Contact: Ronn Kistler, (270) 745-4044.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Order by July 15th to be eligible for a prize giveaway!
Sr. Vir Patel earned the Secondary Student Technology Award, alumnus William Roach-Barrette earned the Post-Secondary Student Technology Award, and The Gatton Academy earned the Secondary Educational Institution Technology Award along with the LaRue Co.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,