Three geoscience graduate students from WKU’s Department of Geography and Geology gave presentations on June 19 related to their thesis research under the direction of Dr. Michael May, Professor of Geology.
|Date: Tuesday, June 25th, 2013||Return to Archive|
Night Sky Stories Over a Summer Campfire will begin July 9 at WKU’s Hardin Planetarium.
Summer, more than any other season of the year, is a time for stargazing. Whether you are lucky enough to observe from a rural setting or find yourself looking skyward from a brightly lit town, this show is designed to help you become more familiar with the star patterns visible in the summer evenings. Share with us the glory of the celestial sphere as we look for ways to help identify them and remember the patterns they make.
Night Sky Stories Over a Summer Campfire will be presented at 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 2 p.m. Sundays through Aug. 25. Admission is free; please note that the show will begin on time, with no late entrance permitted.
Follow the Hardin Planetarium on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hardin-Planetarium/135006486688692 or Twitter at https://twitter.com/HPlanetarium
Here is the schedule for Night Sky Stories Over a Summer Campfire:
- Tuesday, July 9 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 11 7 p.m.
- Sunday, July 14 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 16 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 18 7 p.m.
- Sunday, July 21 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 23 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 7 p.m.
- Sunday, July 28 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 30 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 1 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 4 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 6 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 8 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 11 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 13 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 15 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 18 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 20 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 22 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 25 2 p.m.
Contact: Ronn Kistler, (270) 745-4044.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
You've probably heard of "runner's high" and "yoga bliss" -- feelings of euphoria that can come after periods of exercise. And maybe you've heard people talk about how they "have" to work out -- as though if they didn't exercise, they'd suffer severe phy