Hospitality Management Student Receives Scholarship from Tourism Cares
|Date: Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013||Return to Archive|
*Original story ran on wordpress.com. To read the article on the original site, please visit http://wkunews.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/tourismcares-scholarship/
Tourism Cares, the travel and tourism industry’s leading non-profit organization for preserving the travel industry for future generations, has awarded a $1,000 academic scholarship to Dylan Gordon of Crestwood, who is studying tourism and hospitality at WKU.
This scholarship is funded by members of National Tour Association. The Tourism Cares scholarship program annually awards 55 academic scholarships to students pursuing both undergraduate and graduate level travel, tourism and hospitality degrees at accredited colleges and universities.
Gordon was awarded the NTA Pat and Jim Host Scholarship.
“With the awarded scholarship I will continue to strive for excellence in the tourism industry,” Gordon said. “Challenging myself each day to become more than average and going above and beyond what is asked for the future of tourism. I dream of an industry that offers travelers unforgettable experiences that will help bring world cultures together, while at the same time, helping each other to preserve nature.”
Scholarship recipients are also invited to attend the Tourism Cares Mentoring Program at the annual NTA/UMA Travel Exchange in February 2014 in Los Angeles. The program gives students the opportunity to shadow professional mentors, build their professional network and attend industry workshops.
“Tourism Cares is dedicated to building a strong workforce for the travel, tourism and hospitality industries. I congratulate the 55 academic scholarship recipients being awarded this year and feel confident our student programs will help cultivate their potential as future leaders of the industry,” said Bruce Beckham, executive director of Tourism Cares.
About Tourism Cares: Tourism Cares is an innovative nonprofit organization working to preserve the travel experience for future generations in three important ways: awarding grants to tourism sites around the world, hosting volunteer restoration projects designed specifically for travel professionals, and building the future tourism workforce through scholarship, mentoring and internship programs. For information about Tourism Cares, visit www.TourismCares.org.
Contact: Amanda D’Aiuto, (781) 821-5990 x 215.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Event & Training Services
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
The WKU Board of Regents will meet April 28.
The Suzanne Vitale Clinical Education Complex announced the Next Generation Initiative during a celebration of Autism After 21 Day on April 21.
WKU civil engineering students competed in the Ohio Valley Student Conference April 5-9 at The Ohio State University.
The WKU Forensics Team won both the National Forensic Association National Tournament championship and the National Forensic Association Lincoln-Douglas Debate Team Sweepstakes national championship.
Shelby Bowden, a WKU Geoscience graduate student from Greenville, South Carolina, has been awarded the prestigious 2017 Graduate Student Research Grant from the Geological Society of America for his master’s thesis project in Ethiopia.
April 21-23 weekend events include SOKY Bookfest, quilt registry, Run for Autism, Science Olympiad, WKU spring football, Cultural Enhancement Series, WKU baseball and softball games, WKU band and choral concerts, and more.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,