Beta Alpha Psi Accounting Honor Society Recognizes WKU Chapter
|Date: Tuesday, July 9th, 2013||Return|
Bowling Green, KY (July 1, 2013) -- The WKU chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, the international honors organization for accounting professionals, has been recognized as a Superior Chapter for the 2012-2013 year by the National Beta Alpha Psi organization. The Chapter will receive a $275 award from the KPMG Foundation for its efforts.
"Recognition as a Superior Chapter is a significant accomplishment," said Blane Ruschak, Beta Alpha Psi National President. "The Eta Omicron Chapter has far exceeded the baseline requirements of Beta Alpha Psi and has excelled in the areas of academics, professionalism, and leadership."
To achieve Superior Chapter status, the WKU chapter hosted numerous professional activities such as Meet the Firms Night; seminars and workshops featuring alumni speakers; student recruiting events that brought hundreds of high school students to campus to learn more about the accounting profession; and members volunteered with community organizations.
“The department of accounting supports our BAP chapter because the chapter provides professional activities for its members but also to all our accounting majors. These professional activities are in keeping with our accounting programs’ mission: to provide excellent accounting education and prepare students for successful and rewarding careers in accounting and business,” said Steve Wells, chairman of the Department of Accounting.
The WKU chapter has earned Superior Chapter status for nine consecutive years. Dr. Richard Aldridge and Ms. Sheri Henson are co-advisors for the group. The 2012-13 President of the chapter was Mr. David Thomas.
"We are very proud of our Beta Alpha Psi student members and faculty advisors for their dedication to accounting education excellence. As an applied college of business that is accredited by AACSB International in business and accounting programs, the Gordon Ford College of Business is among the elite colleges of business in the world to hold this level of accreditation and distinction for student engagement," said Jeff Katz, dean of the Gordon Ford College of Business.
The 2013-14 Beta Alpha Psi student leadership team will be attending the Beta Alpha Psi Annual Meeting in Anaheim, CA, in August to be recognized for the achievement. Gordon Ford College of Business Students attending the annual meeting will be President Jeff Creech, a senior from Prospect; Vice President Jacob King, a junior from Bowling Green; Reporter Jessica Hunt, a junior from Scottsville; Treasurer Jairus Zellers, a senior from Leitchfield; Service Project Coordinator Cody Inabnitt, a senior from Nancy; and Project 'Run With It' Leader Susan Slaton, a senior from Madisonville.
Beta Alpha Psi seeks to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the accounting field. The organization was founded in 1919. There are now 296 chapters with more than 300,000 members on college and university campuses around the world. WKU's Eta Omicron Chapter was founded in 1988.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
January 26th, 2015
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,