Department of Kinesiology, Recreation and Sport Co-Host Golf Expo
|Date: Monday, November 4th, 2013||Return|
*Original story from http://wkunews.wordpress.com/2013/10/17/golfexpo-2013/
WKU’s Department of Kinesiology Recreation and Sport partnered with the Collegiate Golf Alliance (CGA) and Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA) to host an on campus golf expo for the PGA’s Play Golf America University Program and CGA’s National Collegiate Golf Championship program.
The expo, held Oct. 9 on WKU’s South Lawn, brought 215 students out for a chance to win prizes, test their skills on the challenge courses and learn how they could qualify to win a free trip to the CGA’s National Collegiate Golf (NCGC) Championship in Las Vegas.
Collegiate Golf Alliance and the PGA are partners in helping to further promote golf on college campuses. Together they have helped more than 750 universities, 50-80 local qualifiers and campus expos and host the largest collegiate golf event in the world. As a way to gain maximum exposure for the PGAU/NCGC program, both on a campus and nationally, participating schools will conduct an on Campus Golf Expo.
“We are excited to be able to bring golf to the center of campuses. Our CGA/PGAU Golf Expo is a free interactive expo that promotes golf to players of all levels. Our goal is to stimulate interest in the university golf club, lesson programs, and recreational/competitive tournaments,” stated CGA President and CEO Mike Munson.
The NCGA Local Qualifier Two-Person Scramble will be held April 19. Course location is TBD. All college students are welcome to participate, with the WKU winning team receiving a free trip to the national tournament held in Las Vegas on June 30-July 2, 2014.
For information about the WKU expo and tournament, contact WKU CGA/PGAU Intern Dawn Wientjes at (618) 638-5682 or email@example.com.
About the CGA: CGA was formed by a group of recreational professionals from two major universities on the West Coast with an extensive background and passion for golf. The purpose of the CGA is to provide the resources and services for the development of golf programs primarily on college campus. Tools and resources are available to help develop golf programs, affiliate golf interest clubs, lessons, clinics, fundraising tournaments, non-competitive outings, and social functions in your community. For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call (413) 332-6038 or visit www.cgagolflinks.com.
About PGAU: Play Golf America University, formerly GOLF: For Business & Life, is a PGA of America college and university golf program, designed to teach and engage students in the game of golf through PGA Professional instruction and other golf programs. Since being launched, The PGA of America has distributed $7.3 million to 76 participating colleges and universities throughout the United States, including $6.1 million on behalf of members of U.S. Ryder Cup Teams as a means to support this initiative. Through 2008, PGA Professionals have provided instruction to more than 27,000 college students through Play Golf America University. WKU students have benefited from Hall of Famer Kenny Perry’s 2008 Ryder Cup experience donation of $90,000. The donation was part of the 2008 Ryder Cup Outreach Program, used to launch a Play Golf America University program at WKU. Perry said he was honored to use his Ryder Cup participation to benefit his alma mater. Perry, who played golf at WKU from 1979-82, was inducted into the WKU Hall of Distinguished Alumni in 2007, WKU’s Athletic Hall of Fame in 1994 and the Kentucky Golf Hall of Fame in 2004. For information about PGAU, contact email@example.com or visit http://www.playgolfamerica.com/pgau/.
Contact: Dawn Wientjes, (618) 638-5682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WKU's golf expo was held Oct. 9 on the South Lawn
(WKU photo by Bryan Lemon)
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
The WKU Theatre & Dance department presents the Childrenís Theatre show "Lily Plants a Garden" Oct. 31-Nov. 2
Twenty-five travelers have returned home after a ten-day study abroad trip to Spain with Dr. Julia Roberts, Dr. Richard Roberts, and Dr. Tracy Inman of The Center for Gifted Studies at WKU.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,