Winter and Spring World Topper Scholarships Announced
|Author: WKU Study Abroad & Global Learning|
Date: Thursday, December 5th, 2013
|Return to Archive|
Over 275 WKU students will be studying abroad this winter and spring semester, 160 of which will receive a World Topper Scholarship sponsored through the Office of Study Abroad & Global Learning (SAGL) this semester. Over $65,000 was awarded for the upcoming winter and spring terms, with an average investment of $393.00 per student.
SAGL awarded over $31,000.00 for the winter and over $34,000.00 for the spring, helping make international education opportunities possible for nearly 60% of these study abroad students. SAGL will continue to invest in our students through the World Topper Scholarship fund later in the spring semester for summer study abroad programs.
The World Topper Scholarship is one of a number of WKU study abroad scholarships for which students can apply for funding toward their international programs. Others include the SGA Study Abroad/Teach Abroad Award, the Honors Travel Abroad Grant (HTAG), and DELO Faculty Led Study Abroad (FLSA) Award. Additionally, new interdepartmental collaborations have recently created three new grants, the Gilman Supplemental and Alternate Gilman Grants (Office of International Programs and Office of Scholar Development), and the Diversity Abroad Grant (OIDI, OIP, and Enrollment Management) that are helping students have life changing experiences.
WKU Senior Lendee Sanchez, Broadcasting major, received the World Topper Scholarship last year toward her study abroad program in the Czech Republic. She fully understands and appreciates the resources that WKU provides students. “Paying for study abroad is hard, but it is nice to know that our university cares enough about us to offer scholarships like the World Topper, this way students have the chance to come back and bring an international perspective to WKU,” said Sanchez.
Funding study abroad experiences can be one of the main concerns students are faced with in the beginning of their study abroad adventure. Students at WKU are fortunate to have various resources available to them which assist them financially to gain international reach through study abroad programs. The World Topper Scholarship is one of the most popular study abroad scholarships available to all WKU students who wish to study abroad. The Study Abroad and Global Learning Office (SAGL) administers this scholarship in order to assist students in pursuing their ambitions overseas, consequently enabling our students tocontribute to WKU’s international reach.
To learn more about the WT and how to study abroad contact Abby Leake at 270-745-6146.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Badjie, Blommel Receive Best in Show Distinctions
Capstone Project Earns Parthenon Third Year in a Row
The Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky has been named to The Washington Postís list of top-performing schools with elite students for the seventh consecutive year.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,