Ashrafzadeh named Greulich Chair of Energy Systems at WKU
|Date: Thursday, January 23rd, 2014||Return to Archive|
Dr. Farhad Ashrafzadeh has been named the Greulich Chair of Energy Systems at WKU.
Dr. Ashrafzadeh joined the Electrical Engineering Program in the Department of Engineering at WKU in 2012. His academic career follows 15 years of experience at the Whirlpool Research and Development Center in Benton Harbor, Mich., where he served as an electrical motor drive and power electronics specialist. He has extensive experience in the design, development and commercialization of highly reliable and cost-effective power electronics and motor drives for energy-efficient appliances.
Dr. Ashrafzadeh was the keynote speaker for the 2005 IEEE International Electrical Machines and Drives Conference in San Antonio, Texas. He has also served as an associate editor for the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, an invited speaker for various universities and IEEE sections, and a chair and session organizer for a number of IEEE conferences.
He has been an adjunct professor at both Western Michigan University and Indiana University at South Bend, and a member of the WMU External Advisory Board. He performed two years of postdoctoral research at the University of Calgary, where he received his Ph.D. He is also a Certified Six-Sigma Black-Belt Engineer.
Dr. Ashrafzadeh holds 65 patents. His research interests include renewable energy conversion and advanced electrical drives for various applications, including the smart grid, hybrid vehicles and appliances.
The focus of the Greulich Energy Systems Lab will be the challenges and opportunities in modern appliances. Appliances provide interesting applications for research in advanced control and drive techniques, as well as novel but familiar examples for innovative educational materials illustrating basic science and engineering topics.
The Greulich Endowed Chair in Energy Systems was created in 2008 by Don and Jennifer Greulich, who met when they were both WKU students. Don Greulich is president of Kerr Greulich Engineers Inc. in Louisville, which provides building systems engineering and design throughout the United States.
Contact: Julie Ellis, (270) 745-2461.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Friday, November 27th
Harsh Moolani, a second-year student from Owensboro, and Alexandra Wright, a second-year student from Union, were both honored by the Siemens Competition as National Semifinalists.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,