AUDITION: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
|Author: David Young|
Date: Monday, August 18th, 2014
AUDITIONS For The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
WHERE & WHEN
Monday, August 25th: 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. Gordon Wilson Hall, room 307.Auditions will be on first come, first served basis. We will see folks individually or in small groups. Appointment times will be flexible, and everyone will be have an opportunity to audition for all three shows, if they wish.
Tuesday, August 26th:
- 6:00 – 7.:00 p.m. Gordon Wilson, room 307. These auditions are by appointment only and are reserved only for those who could not attend auditions on Monday the 25th. Please speak to the Production Stage Manager, Eric Mattingly, if you have a legitimate conflict on the 25th and would like an audition appointment on the 26th instead.
- 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Gordon Wilson, room 307. Callbacks. We’ll post the callback list by noon in the GWH Greenroom.
Wednesday, August 27th: Callbacks may continue on this day, if necessary. Time and location TBA.
The initial audition will consist of a song cutting and a brief monologue.
- Songs should be from the musical theatre repertoire, but preferably not from Spelling Bee. Have your sheet music ready for the accompanist. It should be a cut of about 16 bars, or around 30 seconds. The start and stop should be clearly marked and not require the piano player to turn pages or dig through pages to follow the music. No taped accompaniment please. Something in keeping with the show, such as a comedic song or patter song would be preferable. If you are new to the department and don’t have any kind of song prepared, we’ll ask you to sing a small portion of a song from the show. Copies of those songs will be available in the Gordon Wilson Hall Greenroom, GWH 314, beginning Thursday, August 21.
- Monologues should be about 60 seconds long and memorized. We would prefer a monologue you have previously prepared that is not from the show. But if you are new to the department and don’t have a prepared monologue we’ll ask you to perform a short scene from the show. Those scene cuttings will be available in the Gordon Wilson Hall Greenroom, GWH 314, beginning Thursday, August 21.
- Callbacks will consist of scenes, songs and/or monologues from the show, and possibly some improv.
- Although there will be dance in the show, there will be no separate dance audition.
REHEARSALS & PERFORMANCES
Performance Dates: November 6 – 11, 2014.
Rehearsals will probably begin in mid to late September. Rehearsals will generally be Monday through Friday, and sometimes Sunday, from 7:30 – 10:30 p.m. In total, this production will probably require 100+ hours of rehearsal.
A copy of the script is in the Theatre & Dance Greenrooms, FAC 118 and Gordon Wilson 314. You are encouraged to read this.
Director: David Young, firstname.lastname@example.org, 270-745-5845
Music Director: Brad Vieth, email@example.com
Choreographer: Julie Barber, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prod. Stage Manager: Eric Mattingly, email@example.com
Asst. Director: Kirsten Kellersberger, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dramaturg: Samya Monem, email@example.com
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
December 10, 2016
The National Science Foundation has awarded WKU Biology Professor Shivendra Sahi a grant to fund his research project.
The Family and Consumer Sciences department at WKU is pleased to announce that it has received notice that the Interior Design Bachelor of Science degree has been granted accreditation by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,