- Future Student Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about our Requirements
- NEW Guaranteed BSN Nursing Admission FORM - for High School Students with ACT Composite score of 23 or above
- Nursing Scholarships
- NEW APA Writing for Nursing Students
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Second BS/BA Degree Entry Option
- Registered Nurse to BSN
- Graduate Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Policies, Forms and Handbooks
Dr. Sherry Lovan, PhD
Associate Professor, BSN Prelicensure Coordinator
Office: Medical Center Health Complex 8769
Dr. Lovan is an Associate Professor in the School of Nursing. She earned Associate and Bachelor of Science degrees in Nursing from WKU in the 80’s. In 2004, she graduated from WKU with a MSN in the Nurse Educator specialty concentration. In 2009, Dr. Lovan earned a Ph.D. from the University of Louisville.
Her teaching experience began at WKU in 2000 as an instructor in the Associate of Science Nursing Program. In 2004, Dr. Lovan joined the BSN Program and taught in obstetrics, pediatrics, assessment, mental health, and community health nursing courses.
Prior to teaching, Dr. Lovan practiced as a registered nurse for several years. She has clinical experience in the areas of orthopedics, mental health, women’s health, nursery/NICU, emergency room, and served as staff development coordinator for a local hospital.
Dr. Lovan serves as the BSN Program Coordinator in the School of Nursing and course coordinator for Community Health Nursing. She is a member of Sigma Theta Tau, the National League for Nursing, and the Kentucky Public Health Association. Her research interests include empathy in nursing students, the image/perception of the nursing profession, mentoring, and retention.