Click on a title to display those topics.
Prior to Enrollment
Using the Library
Thank you for visiting the Orientation for Online Learners at WKU! Whether you're a new student or interested in learning more about learning online, this orientation can help you connect with the resources you need! It is designed to help you:
- Gain a better understanding of Distance Learning as a whole
- Understand the process of enrolling in a distance course
- Become familiar with Blackboard (software used to deliver online courses at WKU)
- Learn new strategies for success in an online environment
- Get acquainted with support available for distance learners at WKU
Curious about Blackboard, what it is and how it works? Be our guest on Blackboard! Login to experience Blackboard first hand by using the login accounts below:
Undergraduate Students: Sign-in using Guest ID: guest.chawks, Password: 1student. Once you have signed in, click on Orientation for Online Learners in the right hand column.
Graduate Students: Sign-in using Guest ID: guest.student, Password: 1student. Once you have signed in, click on Graduate Student Orientation in the right hand column.
This orientation contains 5 main sections, and 22 subsections. You can expect to learn everything from how to apply, register for your courses and set-up your accounts to how to use Blackboard, how to set-up proctored exams and use library resources. All sections and topics are shown on the left menu.
• Prospective students should start with the first section of the orientation titled "Prior to Enrollment." Proceed to About WKU.
• Current students should start with section two titled "After Admission." Proceed to Finding Your Courses.
We are continually working to improve student support for online learners. Please take a few moments to complete our feedback survey. By completing this form, you are helping us improve the quality of services we provide.