More about OSD
What OSD can do for you:
- OSD's mission focuses on the following nationally competitive scholarships: Boren Scholarship, Critical Language Scholarship, Fulbright UK Summer Institutes, Fulbright U.S. Student Program, Gates Cambridge Scholarship, Gilman Scholarship, Goldwater Scholarship, Marshall Scholarship, Mitchell Scholarship, National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, NSLI-Y, Princeton Fellowships, Rhodes Scholarship, Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship, Truman Scholarship, and Udall Scholarship.
- OSD offers students applying for these core scholarships the following services:
- Guidance on becoming a more competitive applicant.
- Support conceptualizing application essays and proposals.
- Assistance in revising and refining.
- Support in preparing for interviews.
- Support in applying for graduate/professional school and other national scholarships as time allows.
- OSD will suggest a broad range of other national scholarships and internal scholarships for which you should apply.
- OSD will offer workshops, programming, and other resources to help students develop competitive applications for a broad range of opportunities.
What we expect from you:
- To treat scholarship applications and assignments given by your scholarship advisor with the same seriousness as your school work.
- To give your scholarship advisor as much notice as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule a meeting.
- To discuss difficulties you encounter with a scholarship application or doubts you have about the process when they arise.
- To attend required workshops and/or view instructional videos on Blackboard.
What OSD does not do:
- OSD does not read internal WKU scholarship applications. OSD offers occasional workshops and other resources related to these scholarships. Students seeking one-on-one assistance with these scholarships should visit the Writing Center in 123 Cherry Hall.
- OSD does not edit student essays by fixing grammar, punctuation, and syntax; rather, it is our goal to help students understand the mechanics of effective writing.
- OSD advisors do not write letters of recommendation for applicants unless we have taught students or supervised them in service projects, research, campus organizations, internships, or campus employment.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,