This tutorial will show you how to manage your calendar pages.
Components of Calendars
Click any component below for tutorials involving that area.
Calendars have 3 main components: categories, events, and subscriptions.
Each calendar must have at least one category. By default, your calendar will be setup with a category named "General". You may rename this category as you see fit. If your calendar only has one category, the front-end calendar on your website will not display the "Category View" section.
Your calendar may have an unlimited number of events. Each event must be associated with at least one category. An event only has one date associated with it (not a range of dates) but you may copy an event to multiple days with the copy feature.
Calendar subscriptions allow your calendar to subscribe to other calendars. This will make the events (and categories) from the calendar you are subscribing to show up in your calendar. You may subscribe to calendars that you do not have access to, but subscribing does not give you access to modify those events. Your calendar may have any number of subscriptions to other calendars.
Permissions to Access to Calendar Pages
A calendar must be requested by the Main Site Contact and that person should email email@example.com to request their calendar(s). Permission for users to access calendars should also be placed by the Main Site Contact. But, access to calendar pages is controlled separately than access to OU Campus - so if additional people would like to receive access to modify events for your calendar, a request should be made by the Main Site Contact for your site, or the Department Head/Dean/Director of your department.
When requesting a calendar for the first time, please provide the following information:
- The address of your website
- The current folder in your website where you would like the calendar folder and pages placed
- The email addresses of the people who need to be able to manage the calendar and it's components
Step-by-Step Guide to Accessing Calendars
- You can login to the OU Add-Ons App in one of two ways. First, you can access the
OU Add-Ons App through the Add-Ons tab within OU Campus. You will be required to
login to the OU Add-Ons App with your NetID username and password even after logging
into OU Campus.
Alternatively, you can logon to the OU Add-Ons App by going to the following URL: http://www.wku.edu/apps/ouaddons and logging in with your NetID username and password.
- Click on the Calendar Icon from the home page or by clicking on Calendars under OU Campus in the top menu.
- You should now see a list of calendars you have access to manage. From here you can
click on the icons to Manage Categories, Manage Subscriptions, Manage Events, or edit
the Calendar name. Please see the components section at the top of this page for
an explanation of how to use each of these areas.
Self Help Topics
- Logging In and Navigating OU Campus
- Check In / Check Out Feature
- Creating New Files and Folders
- Page Properties (Meta Information)
- Managing Image Sliders
- Modifying a Page
- Renaming Files and Folders
- Reverting Files
- Adding a Link
- Create Your Own Subsites
- Modifying Navigation Menus
- Uploading Files
- Zip Upload
- Uploading and Editing Images
- Publishing Files
- Final Check
- Recycling / Restoring Files
- WYSIWYG Editor
- OU Campus Icons
- Staff Pages
- News Pages
- LDP Forms
- Dependency Manager
- Redirecting Pages
- Responsive Design
- Quick Reference Guide
- OU Campus Book of Knowledge
Org Specific Help