The decision to further your education is one of the most important decisions you’ll make in your life. Often the hardest part of the journey is to get started. When you are ready to take the next step, WKU Owensboro offers a supportive team and environment to help you get started and help you succeed.
Steps to Admission:
Make an appointment with an advisor to ensure you are ready to apply.
- Call (270) 684-9797 or stop by our office to schedule an appointment. WKU Owensboro advisors can evaluate previous course work and help you determine the best bachelor’s degree for you.
- Bring an unofficial copy of all school transcripts to your appointment. If you have attended multiple institutions, be sure to bring transcripts from each college or university.
Fill out an admissions application online at www.wku.edu/apply.
Students pursuing a bachelor's degree will select the "Domestic and International" application even if they have taken WKU classes in the past.
To create a log-in account for the application, click on the blue text that says "Application Account Creation"
If applying for Joint Admissions, please follow this link.
Send all transcripts from prior institutions to the Transfer Center at WKU or Admissions Office at WKU.
- How do I get official transcripts from other schools?
- Contact your Registrar or Records office at the previous institution for information on how to have transcript sent to WKU.
- Where do I mail my official transcripts?
Meet with an advisor to enroll in courses. Call (270) 684-9797 to schedule an appointment.
Frequently check your WKU email. Your bill will be sent to your WKU e-mail and WKU faculty and staff often use your e-mail to notify you of schedule changes and important events.
Use this link for how to use email as a student
- Familiarize yourself with the WKU Owensboro website. There is a lot of important information!
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,