Skip to main content
Western Kentucky University

WKU Owensboro Joint Admissions

joint admissions frequently asked questions:

Q: What are the benefits of being a Joint Admissions student?

A: The most important benefit of Joint Admissions is advising. Because you will begin working with WKU Owensboro advisors in your freshman year, you are going to maximize your time by taking courses that work for you at both your KCTCS school and WKU Owensboro. You will also benefit from the student services of both institutions, which include financial aid, career counseling, leadership training, library/research facilities, computer lab/technology, student activities and organizations, etc. Once you pay for your first transcript, transcript fees are waived for Joint Admissions students. You will also have the opportunity to attend WKU sporting events for free with your WKU ID! Plus, you don't have to pay the WKU application fee if you are a Joint Admissions student with more than a semester of college work left!

Q: Why do I apply to WKU and a KCTCS school?

A: Because each campus offers different classes that you need for your bachelor's degree. KCTCS schools provide freshman & sophomore level courses, and WKU Owensboro provides junior & senior level courses. Applying to both allows each school easier access to your information.

Q: How do I pay my tuition?

A: The tuition rates are different, so you will pay KCTCS rates for their classes and WKU rates for their classes (online, through Tuition Management 800-722-4867, or by mailing a check to the Bursar's Office in Bowling Green).

Q: I am on financial aid. How do they know that I am a full-time student?

A: Fill out a consortium agreement form by going to Click "Financial Aid." Click "Forms." Click "Consortium Request." Fill out this form, and financial aid will verify you are enrolled in classes. They will send you a form to fill out and take to your KCTCS campus.

Q: Who should I see about what classes I should take?

A: We recommend that you see your KCTCS and your WKU Owensboro advisors each semester before registering for classes.

Q: Are there residence halls available?

A: No, not in Owensboro. If you decide to move to the WKU Bowling Green campus, residence halls are available.

Q: When should I apply?

A: You should apply to WKU as soon as you know which term you want to attend. The sooner you get your paperwork submitted, the better. We recommend submitting your materials four to six weeks before the semester starts.

Q: Are there scholarships for Joint Admissions students?

A: KCTCS campuses & WKU Owensboro do have scholarships available. Call (270) 684-9797 for WKU Owensboro scholarship information, (270) 686-4521 for Owensboro Community and Technical College scholarship information, (270) 831-9628 for Henderson Community College scholarship information, (270) 707-3831 for Hopkinsville Community College scholarship information or (270) 824-8578 for Madisonville Community College scholarship information.

Q: Whom should I call regarding questions about joint admissions?

A: At WKU-Owensboro call (270) 684-9797 and ask for an advisor for Joint Admissions. At any KCTCS school, call and ask for the Transfer Center.

Q: What degrees are available as a Joint Admissions student?

A: As a Joint Admit student, you can pursue any degree available at WKU Owensboro. It is important to see a WKU Owensboro advisor to choose the right courses and degree from KCTCS that will best fit your program of choice for your bachelor's degree.


joint admissions application instructions:

Step One:

Apply to WKU online at

Please click here for more details on submitting a Joint Admit Application

Step Two:

Request a transcript through your main KCTCS campus:

  • Owensboro Community & Technical College - START Center or online through "Student Records"
  • Henderson Community College - START Center or online through "Records"
  • Hopkinsville Community College - Admissions/Records counter or online through "Admissions & Records"
  • Madisonville Community College - Admissions/Records office or online through "Admissions/Records"

Have your college send your transcripts to WKU's main admissions office: WKU Office of Admissions

1906 College Heights Blvd. #11020

Bowling Green, KY 42101-1020

Step Three:

Complete your FAFSAIf you are taking courses from a KCTCS school, list that school on your FAFSAIf you are taking courses from WKU, list WKU on your FAFSAIf you are taking classes from both a KCTCS school and WKU, list WKU on your FAFSA and be sure to fill out a consortium agreement.

Step Four:

When you receive your WKU letter of acceptance, make an appointment with a WKU Owensboro advisor at (270) 684-9797



For questions, please call (270) 684-9797 or email Charlotte Dixon, Ashley Sorce,or Hannah King.

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 9/25/14