The following items are required as part of the Application Process to the DPT Program at WKU. Your application will not be considered until all of the following are received by the Office of Graduate Studies at WKU.
- Graduate Studies Online Application.
- Complete TOPNET: WKU Admission Application
- If you do not have a WKU ID, you will need to create a WKU web application ID
- Your WKU ID will be created one business day following the submission/processing of
your TOPNET: Graduate Studies Application. You are required to place your WKU ID
on the WKU DPT Program Application and WKU Letter of Recommendation form.
- To look up your WKU ID: http://www.wku.edu/it/accounts/wkuid/lookup.php
2. The DPT Program Supplemental Application allows applicants to provide information regarding their:
- Physical Therapy Experiences
- University Activities and Community Service
- Honors and Awards
- Personal Statement: A personal statement of approximately 300 words describing the
student's professional goals and reasons for seeking graduate education in physical
therapy at WKU is also required.
- IF YOU ARE UPDATING A PREVIOUS DPT PROGRAM SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION, PLEASE SEND UPDATED FORM TO firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEW - DPT Program Technical Standards Disclosure
A new application requirement is the completion of the Technical Standards Disclosure Form. Complete this form indicating your awareness of and possession of a minimal level of skills and abilities necessary for Physical Therapists to practice safely and competently.
- SEND THIS COMPLETED FORM TO THE OFFICE OF GRADUATE STUDIES AND RESEARCH @ email@example.com
The completed form should be saved with your last name in the file name and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Two Letters of Recommendation: Applicants must turn in two letters of recommendation.
At least one letter must be from a licensed physical therapist while the second letter may be from a professor, academic advisor, employer, or an additional physical therapist.
The DPT Program at WKU will also accept current PTCAS reference letters. The individual completing the PTCAS reference letter will need to e-mail the completed letter directly to the Office of Graduate Studies at WKU: email@example.com.
5. An Interview may be required to complete the DPT Program application.
After October 15, 2012 and following the completion of all Application Procedures, you may check to ensure your materials have been received by the Graduate Studies Office. Click here to obtain this status report, (please allow two to three business day for processing).