- Biology/Anatomy:Twelve hours (three semesters) of laboratory and lecture-based biology (one anatomy
course with laboratory or anatomy/physiology course with lab is required)
- At WKU, these courses are as follows (course descriptions - Biology) :
- BIO 120/121,
- BIO 122/123,
- BIO 131, (course descriptions - Biology cont.)
- BIO 231
- If the anatomy and physiology courses (appropriate for science majors) at your University are 3 hours each and DO NOT have an associated laboratory component, taking BOTH of these courses is acceptable as ONE (1) of the THREE (3) required semesters of Biology/Anatomy. The remaining two prerequisites need to be biology courses WITH LABS.
2. Chemistry: Two semesters of laboratory and lecture-based inorganic (general) chemistry (for science majors)
- At WKU, these courses are as follows (course descriptions - Chemistry):
- CHEM 120/121,
- CHEM 222/223
3. Physics: Two semesters of laboratory and lecture-based physics (for science majors)
*** At least five of the above seven prerequisite science courses should be completed
by the end of the Fall 2014 semester (for applicants wishing to start Summer 2015).
4. Social/Behavioral Sciences: Six hours (psychology, sociology, anthropology, philosophy, ethics, etc.)
Medical Terminology as well as more common content areas in Biology and Exercise Science.
For any questions, please contact the respective department(s).