- Program Philosophy
- Admission Requirements
- About Bowling Green/WKU
- Why Attend WKU?
- Application Procedure
- Financial Support
- Ed.S. Faculty
- Contact us
- Psychology Graduate Programs
Why Attend WKU?
"I feel confident that I will get the skills I need to become successful." -- program graduate student
- The School Psychology program is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists.
- The school psychology faculty have years of experience working as school psychologists in school settings prior to coming to Western.
- Students receive individual attention from their professors.
- Students are encouraged to attend state and national professional conferences. Some financial support for attending national conferences has also been available to graduate students.
- Our graduate students and graduates of the program typically display a high level of professional involvement in the field of school psychology. This includes leadership at the local school district level, involvement with the state School Psychology Association, and presentation of research at national conferences.
- There is a high demand for our program's graduates with excellent starting salaries.
- School-based practicum experiences and placements exist in conjunction with course work to ensure skills learned in class will be applied in representative settings.
- Since 1995, 100% of our students have passed the National Praxis School Psychology certification exam.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,