- Information for Students
- Mission Statement
- Department History
- Lifespan Development Center
- Regional Campuses
- News and Events
- Leadership Certificate
Dr. Steven Haggbloom
Most of my research has been in the area of learning and memory, and most of that has involved using animal models to study basic cognitive processes. My research has examined the effects of context on memory retrieval, post-acquisition modification of memory, concept learning, serial pattern learning, and the role of the hippocampus in learning and memory. Since coming to Western, most of my work has involved collaborating with Dr. Sharon Mutter and her work in cognitive aging.
Courses I Teach:
- PSY 410 - Psychology of Learning
- PSY 483 - Evolutionary Psychology
- PSY 512 - Seminar in Experimental Design
- COL 301 - Honors Colloquium: Evolution or Intelligent Design?