Master of Public Health
The Master of Public Health (MPH) is a professional practice degree that prepares students for a wide range of health-related professions. The 42 credit-hour program, accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), is offered on WKU’s campus and in a fully online format.
Beyond the required core courses, MPH students work in partnership with their advisor to select electives and tailor a program that meets their professional and academic goals related to public health. The MPH program is competency-based and focuses on applied and integrative learning.
MPH Admission Requirements
In addition to requirements set forth by the Graduate School, the MPH program requires:
1. Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or its equivalent.
2. Evidence of ability to perform at the graduate level:
- cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 on 4.0 scale from a US accredited university; OR
- cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from a US accredited university and GRE minimums of 145 verbal, 148 quantitative, and 3.5 analytical writing score; OR
- current enrollment in or graduation from an accredited a US medical school
3. An original, written personal statement answering each of the following questions:
- Which MPH format are you seeking: Online MPH (100% online) or campus-based MPH (which can include some online courses)?
- Why public health?
- Why WKU?
- How do you foresee using your MPH degree?
5. Two letters of academic or professional reference
6. If applicable, test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) exam with a minimum score of 550 on the written TOEFL, or minimum score of 79 on the internet based TOEFL (iBT), or a minimum of 6.5 on the IELTS.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria set forth for regular admission may be admitted conditionally. Additional materials may be requested.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online, directly to the Graduate School.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,