Information about this page
This is an example of a departmental webpage that uses the hybrid navigation. This page lists the standardized navigational link elements as outlined by Academic Affairs including:
- Link to Home (brings users back to your department home page from anywhere within your site); Also has a dropdown link to your College's Dean's Office homepage
- Degrees & Programs - that will list the degrees and programs offered by your department
- News & Events - that will link to news and event feeds or pages specific to your department
- Contact Us - that will link to a "Contact Us" page that is specific to your department
- There is additional space available for you to insert additional links
- Faculty/Staff Listing (should use the Faculty/Staff template as provided by IT)
- Information For: Prospective Students, Current Students & Faculty - that will link to pages relevant to those categories.
- Apply Now button that links to Admissions Application
- The remainder of the left navigational area is for your use
MAIN CONTENT REGION
- Welcome message from your Department Head
- "About" your department information
RIGHT COLUMN AREA
- Detailed contact information including:
- Department name
- Physical address
- Building name and office number
- Email Address
- Department Head name and email
- You may insert images, RSS feeds, or other information in this area as well.
NOTE: If your department uses the Top Navigation template family or the Left Navigation area, please accommodate these links to the best of your ability on your page. In some cases, it may be necessary to perform a template change to accommodate the information if it will not reasonably fit within your Top or Left template.
Department Contact Information
Social Media Links
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,