- Scholarship Home
- Freshman Scholarship Booklet
- Current Students
- Transfer Students
- Departmental Scholarships
- Tuition Incentive Program
- Alumni Grant
- Outside Scholarships
Western Kentucky University will offer an alumni grant to any qualified nonresident student whose parent, stepparent, or grandparent holds an associate, baccalaureate, master's, doctoral or specialist degree or has completed a certified program from the University. (Bowling Green Business University, Ogden College, and Potter College.) Residents of Kentucky are not eligible for the Alumni Grant.
Undergraduate students who meet the following requirements qualify automatically for an alumni grant:
- Beginning Freshmen - ACT composite score of 20 or higher (SAT 930 combined math and verbal) AND a high school GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 grade scale.
- Transfer students from an accredited college or university - a cumulative college GPA of 2.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale where one academic year (24 semester hours) or more of full-time enrollment has been completed.
- Readmission students - a cumulative GPA of 2.2 where one academic year (24 semester hours) or more of full-time enrollment has been completed.
- Students enrolled with an alumni grant will qualify for the subsequent academic year with a cumulative GPA of 2.2 or higher.
- Students enrolled without an alumni grant may qualify for the subsequent semester or more of full-time enrollment.
Graduate and Transient Students
Graduate students admitted to WKU in good standing are eligible for the Alumni Grant. Transient Students must have a transcript showing a baccalaureate degree awarded or letter from the Graduate Dean at their institution stating the student is in good standing on file to qualify for the Alumni Grant.
Qualified students will pay approximately 30% above in-state tuition (the difference between the non-resident rate and the Tuition Incentive Program rate). Tuition at the time of enrollment will determine the value of the Alumni Grant Scholarship. Students qualifying for the alumni grant may also apply for other University scholarships. However, Alumni Grant recipients are classified as TIP residents, and would not be eligible for the Non-Resident Targeted Scholarship.
**************Click here to apply***************
If you have additional questions regarding the Alumni Grant Scholarship, contact email@example.com .
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,