- Scholarship Home
- Incoming Freshmen
- Freshman Scholarship Booklet
- Current Students
- Transfer Students
- Departmental Scholarships
- Tuition Incentive Program
- Alumni Grant
- Outside Scholarships
Every year students receive thousands of dollars in outside scholarships. These scholarships are awarded by off campus organizations. Students should have donors forward any scholarship checks to the following address:
Western Kentucky University
Student Financial Assistance
1906 College Heights Blvd. #11018
Bowling Green KY 42101-1018
- Scholarships are typically split one half to each semester. If not noted by the scholarship instructions, all scholarships will be applied one half to the fall semester and one half to the spring semester.
- Students can print final grades from TopNet or request a copy from the Registrar's office. Due to FERPA regulations, the office of Student Financial Assistance can not release this information.
- Students should review their TopNet account to make sure scholarships are credited correctly.
Make sure to include the following information in any correspondence
- WKU ID
- Semester Scholarship is to be applied
- Any additional information including organization’s name and contact information
Ways to Report a Scholarship or Request an Invoice
- Mail award letter to the address listed above
- Fax information to (270) 745-6586
- Email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feel free to stop by the office and personally deliver the information
We encourage all students to apply for scholarships through multiple sources. Many
civic, church, and business groups offer scholarships. To learn about these scholarships,
students should contact local civic and business groups in their hometown or area
as well as local and national religious/church organizations.
There are also several scholarship search engines that students may use to search for regional or national scholarships. Some of these search engines are:
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,