- Scholarship Home
- Incoming Freshmen
- Freshman Scholarship Booklet
- Current Students
- Transfer Students
- Departmental Scholarships
- Tuition Incentive Program
- Alumni Grant
- Outside Scholarships
Community College / Junior College Transfers
- Students transferring from a KCTCS institution with an Associate's Degree (received prior to their first fall semester as a transfer student), who enroll full-time and apply between February 1 and April 1, receive the following automatic award at WKU for up to 2 academic years:
- $4000 with overall cumulative GPA 3.75+ (renewable with 3.25 GPA)
- $3000 with overall cumulative GPA 3.5-3.7499 (renewable with 3.25 GPA)
- $2000 with overall cumulative GPA 3.25-3.499 (renewable with 3.25 GPA)
- $1500 with overall cumulative GPA 3.0-3.2499 (renewable with 3.0 GPA)
- Students must earn at least 24 hours at the end of their first academic year with
the appropriate GPA (see above) for the award to be renewed the following year. Students
that do not meet renewal criteria at the end of their first academic year can use
the following summer semester to rehabilitate (at their own expense) and eligibility
for the award will be re-evaluated.
- Non-KCTCS Community College/Junior College Transfer Scholarship
Students transferring from a non-KCTCS Community College/Junior College who have completed 2 years with a cumulative transfer GPA of 3.5 and apply between February 1and April 1 receive $1500 for the academic year for up to 2 academic years, automatic award, renewable with cumulative GPA of 3.5.
Students enrolling at WKU for the spring semester will not be eligible for the KCTCS or the Community College/Junior College Transfer Scholarships.
Applications may be obtained online after February 1, printed and submitted to the Office of Student Financial Assistance. Applications may also be obtained from a community college counselor or in the Office of Student Financial Assistance, 317 Potter Hall. Applications must be received by April 1st.