Nomination & Campaign Information
For full nomination details, download the PDF of the Staff Council Constitution.
- Staff Council members serve on a two-year term and can serve two consecutive terms but must wait one year before seeking election again.
- The candidate with the most votes in each yearly election shall serve a three-year term.
- Members are expected to attend all regular Staff Council meetings, which are held monthly, and last, on average, for three hours.
- Members may be appointed to University-wide or internal council committees.
- Any WKU Staff Member can nominate any other staff member regardless of employment category. An employee may also nominate him/herself.
- All full-time staff members with a minimum of two years of continuous full-time University employment and at least one year of continuous full-time University employment in their respective category shall be considered eligible to seek election to the Staff Council.
- All part-time staff members with a minimum of one year of continuous part-time University employment shall be considered eligible to seek election to the Staff Council. (EEO category 2 is excluded from eligibility for Staff Council membership)
- If you're not sure of your category, you can contact the Department of Human Resources to find out what it is.
Staff Council Representation
|Category Title||EEO Category(ies)||Representative(s)|
|Part-Time||1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7||1|
|Professional Non-Faculty||1 and 3||4|
|Technical/Skilled/Service/Maintenance||5, 6 and 7||4|
|At-Large||1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7||2|
Completed forms are to be returned to the Department of Human Resources.
Once nominated, candidates are encouraged to campaign, but must abide to the rules outlined in the campaign guidelines document, which can be downloaded from here.