- Study Abroad:
UK (Harlaxton College)
- Teach at Harlaxton College
- Brown Bag Seminars
- Faculty Resources
- Contact Us
EDU 250: Costa Rica
If your future is teaching, this course will get you started!
Elementary, Secondary, Foreign languages, ESL, Music, P.E., P-12/5-12
- Estimated Program Cost: $2,500
- Duration: May 13-30, 2013
- May 13-17 on main campus & May 19-30 in Costa Rica
Program costs include:
- 3 honors credit hours for EDU250 (ALL Education majors/minors)
- 20 hours intense Spanish language instruction
- Round trip airfare From Nashville, TN.
- Home stays: 2 students per carefully chosen family, private rooms
- Daily breakfast/dinner
- Admission to all excursions including zip line, aerial tram, hot springs, coffee farm, and trip to Pacific Ocean.
- Travel as a group with professors to/from Costa Rica from Nashville, TN
- Placement in Costa Rica schools, both public and private
- Mild climate, no special gear required
- Deadline to apply: Nov. 15, 2012
- Deposit of $500 by Dec. 1, 2012
- Deposit of $500 due Feb. 1, 2013
- Balance due by May 10, 2013
- Spanish instruction may allow you to CLEP out of Spanish 101 or 102, depending upon your initial level
- This course qualifies as an honors course. Non-honors students welcome!