Connect with us
Study Abroad Writing ContestGot writing skills? Enter the Study Abroad Creative Writing Contest for a chance to win $300!
Reflective Piece: A non-fiction reflective piece focusing on any aspect of your experience on your WKU study abroad program or with the culture and people of your host country
Poetry: Poems focusing on any aspect of your experience on your WKU study abroad program or with the culture and people of your host country
- Fall contest: Degree-seeking WKU students who studied abroad during previous spring or summer
- Spring contest: Degree-seeking WKU students who studied abroad during previous fall or winter
- Fall: October 31st at midnight CST
- Spring: March 1st at midnight CST
Maximum number of submissions: Up to 3 submissions, 1 reflective piece and 2 poems
- Written in English
- Limit of 500 words
- Has not been previously published
- Must have title
- Original—written solely by the student who has submitted the piece
- Electronic—Saved as FirstName.LastName_Program_Term_Category.doc or .docx (example: John.Smith_Harlaxton_Spring2013_Poetry.docx) with 1" margins and 12 pt. Times New Roman font
- Content: Creativity, style of written expression/articulation, organization of thought, extent to which it engages reader, positive message, lends itself to the promotion of study abroad
- Writing quality: good grammar, syntax, diction, punctuation, and spelling
Submission instructions: Email writing entries with the Writing Release Form (can be downloaded from SAGL website on writing contest page) to email@example.com
Writing entries found to meet the above requirements will be judged by a panel composed of WKU faculty and staff. The winning writing piece is each category will be published on the SAGL Blog and Website. The Reflective piece will be submitted to the Herald for possible publication. The winning poem will be submitted to Zephyr for possible publication.
Cash Prize! The winner in each category will receive a $300 scholarship!